Sunday, October 2, 2011

Feeling Blue

Why do I feel so sad today? Is it post drama depression syndrome from spending a week looking for a missing cat or the fact that my dad who has been living with me for the past 7 months, departed early this morning to return to sunny Phoenix?

I've been living on my own for so long that I didn't realize how nice it is to have another person around and today the place just feels so empty. I hate being the one who is left. Even as a kid when the cousins would come visit for the holidays, I always felt this intense melancholy the day they left.

I'll get over the feeling within the week I'm sure but today all I want to do is curl up, hide away from the world and not do much of anything.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you start feeling more cheery soon...
    At least you have your kitty home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you big and gentle hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lost my husband 6 months ago and i still feel blue..it takes time...we had 15 years... got three adorable boys... here is a hug from me to you..

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie